The Adventure Continues: Thankful

by Tanner Pickett

ThankfulIt is hard to believe that my first semester in college is already coming to a close. With Thanksgiving break just six days away, everything is moving at warp speed. The past two weeks have been one big chaotic blur including the end of BCC, registration for next semester, a presidential election, studying, testing, and a whole lot of stress. At this point in the semester the only thing that is getting me out of the bed in the morning is the fact that I am one day closer to sitting on my couch with a plate full of food I know I am not going to finish.

In the midst of all the craziness that is seemingly taking over my life, I have been able to find small moments of peace in order to salvage my sanity. Whether it be taking a moment to grab a coffee and talk to a friend or going solo on an adventure around Rome, I have made time to just be. In these moments I am able to throw the worries I have to the side and appreciate all of the beautiful things I have in my life to be thankful for.

Above all things, I am thankful for the amazing friendships I have made these past three months. I am positive that I have the world’s best roommate. Kelly can never be found in a bad mood; I am actually convinced it is impossible for her to be upset for extended amounts of time. She is always there to laugh with me and to pick me up when I am down. We share a group of friends here that have become my family. We function eerily similar to my actual family. There are days when everyone is on the same page and it seems like nothing can stop us, and there are days we get on each others’ nerves to the point that we cannot stand each other. We are dysfunctional but what normal family isn’t? No matter what, I know they have my back and I have theirs and to me that is such a gift. I am thankful for each one of them.

In all honesty, I do not believe that I could have made it through the craziness of my first semester at Berry without all of these people, my new found family, supporting me. I am honored to be able to call them friends of mine and grateful they choose to put up with me the way they do. Despite everything around me moving so quickly, I find that time slows when laughing with extraordinary people.