Springing into Second Semester

by Tanner Picket
After a month away celebrating and catching up with friends, family, and Netflix, it’s time to get back to work here at Berry. I have finally gotten back into the swing of things, but needless to say it was not easy. While I was at home, I was going to bed around 2 A.M every night. My schedule when I got back did not afford me the luxury of late nights and sleeping in. I get to “sleep in” one day during the school week, Thursday, and that is only until 8:30. Like every college student, I’ll take the extra time to sleep no matter how small.
The most daunting issue I had to address when I got back was working out. When you spend a whole month stuffing your face with cookies without working out, you are going to feel it the first time you work out. Sure enough, the first Zumba class I attended once returning nearly killed me. On top of that, I made my New Year’s resolution to work on my overall fitness. For me this means eating healthier and going to the gym at least 4 to 5 times a week. Luckily, I have friends with similar goals, so we make it a group activity. Having people there to push me (and laugh at me when I fail miserably) holds me accountable to my goals and makes exercising a little more fun.
Second semester, although it has only just begun, seems to have a lot in store for me. I could not be more excited about the courses I am taking. I finally have a class that gives me a taste of what is to come with my major. In a little over two weeks, it has confirmed that I have chosen the correct path for myself. I find everything we discuss fascinating and frequently find myself reading the text book for fun. Slowly but surely, my dream is becoming my reality and I could not be more excited.